Rebuilding Together strengthens lives in our most vulnerable communities by providing low-income homeowners with free critical home repairs, accessibility modifications and energy-efficient upgrades. Over 165 Rebuilding Together local affiliates and nearly 100,000 volunteers comprise the nation’s largest volunteer home rehabilitation not-for-profit organization, completing about 10,000 rebuild projects each year. As we rebuild homes, community spaces and nonprofit facilities, our lasting impact helps to stabilize and revitalize neighborhoods across the country. We believe that everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home.
Rebuilding Together Peoria
We are the Peoria affiliate of Rebuilding Together, Inc. We are an independent 501(c)3 organization originated in 1993 as Christmas in April (CIA) Peoria. As CIA programs were established across the nation, many affiliates grew and expanded their services, completing projects not only in April, but throughout the year. In recognition of that fact, a new name was chosen by the organization in 2000 — Rebuilding Together, Inc.
Each affiliate is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of local volunteers.
Click here to meet our Board of Directors
Repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives.
Safe homes and communities for everyone.
1. We are committed to helping low-income people, those who are at risk of becoming low income, and communities in need. We respect the integrity, strengths, and assets of all people. We strengthen lives, homes, and communities.
2. We are a safe and healthy housing organization with a strong volunteer engagement platform.
3. We work in partnership with neighborhoods and involve residents in all aspects of our work.
4. We value collaboration with other groups who share similar goals.
5. We believe in the quality of the planning, delivery and evaluation of our services.
6. We believe in inclusivity and seek to promote a diversity that is reflective of our communities.
7. Volunteer services on National Rebuilding Day is our core initiative and common denominator; we seek cost-effective leveraging of donated materials, supplies and labor.
8. We recognize the value of a strong national organization committed to building the capacity and connectivity of the organization at both the national and local levels.